At Cultivate, we work with a wide variety of brands each unique in their stories and what they bring to the table. Giving back is at the core of what we do, so it’s important for us to partner with brands that do the same. This week we’re featuring, Costa, a popular sunglass brand that works towards eliminating plastic in their products and packaging, and continues to explore ways to protect the oceans.
Costa is a company that was born on the water, so protecting it is a top priority. There has been an increasing amount of plastic clogging landfills and making its way into waterways and oceans. To generate awareness and to eliminate the amount of plastic used within the company, Costa launched their Kick Plastic initiative. Under that initiative, is their Bio- Resin Raw Materials Process. This process helps to reduce Costa’s carbon footprint which works toward continuing to protect the planet’s waters. Costa’s earth-friendly bio-resin frames are durable, lightweight, and they hold their shape.
Bio- Resin Raw Materials Process
- Seeds from the castor plant are harvested and processed into castor oil
- Castor oil is used to produce a natural raw material known as bio-based plastic resin
- Use of bio-based resin vs. petroleum based resin offers a reduction in emissions and the overall carbon footprint
- Bio-Resin is the foundation for Costa’s plastic sunglass line of frames
- The process is comprised of several technological advancements that have a major impact on sustaining our planet
At Cultivate, we strive to appreciate and inspire with the gifts we give. And because Costa works to appreciate and protect the waters that are so important to their communities, we strongly feel that their givebacks are equivalent to our company values. Kick Plastic and the Bio-Resin Raw Materials Process are just two ways that Costa gives back to the environment. You can learn more about the causes they support on their website under Inside Costa.